1. Наиболее посещаемое туристами место - Таймс-сквер (Times Square).
Robert John Burck, better known as The Naked Cowboy, said: “Times Square is so amazing that I dedicated my life to being there. I’ve spent so much time enjoying the tourist attraction Times Square that I have somehow become a tourist attraction myself. Over 15 years I have worked through every day of every season in Times Square because it truly is the Greatest Place on Earth!”
2. Любимое место для шоппинга - жилой район Манхэттена Сохо (SoHo).
Mirela M Gluck, Founder of TheStylishCity.com, said: “Soho is not only home to many of the most upscale fashion designer boutiques, but abounds with cheap street fashion. Have I mentioned it is the best place to run into celebrities shopping? It is no surprise Kaplan students love it too.”
3. Самое зелёное место - Центральный парк (Central Park).
John Moore, of centralpark.org said, “Central Park, at the very heart (if not the very heart) of New York City, is one of the most inspiring combinations of architecture, landscape design and urban planning to be found anywhere on the face of the earth. It ranks as a symbol of New York City only behind the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building.
“Unlike these two, however, Central Park is dynamic, vibrant; a perpetually changing counterpoint to the brilliant, but static, architectural achievements that surround it. Central Park breathes. It provides a respite from the struggles that have produced the amazing city that surrounds it.”
4. Самая популярная галерея (музей) - Метрополитен-музей (The Metropolitan Museum of Art).
Nick Gray, of Museum Hack, said: “The Metropolitan Museum of Art is an encyclopedic museum. We have over 5000 years of human history on display. It is the greatest museum space in the entire world. You can find almost anything spread over 2 million square feet. There is something for everyone.”
5. Лучшее место, чтобы вкусно поесть, - Маленькая Италия (Little Italy).
Master Chef Franco Lania, Huffington Post food correspondent, said: “Little Italy is so popular among international students for two reasons. Firstly, it is walking distance from some of the biggest neighborhood draws that Manhattan has to offer. Secondly, Little Italy denotes Italian culture and food. Doesn’t everyone want to experience a slice of Italy?
“Little Italy has a mystique that other areas of the city simply do not have and it’s a tourist magnet because of it. Little Italy and its surroundings are real New York neighborhoods that played a huge part in making this City what it is. It’s a welcoming neighborhood that truly caters to the tourist crowds.”
6. Лучший мюзикл - "Король Лев" (The Lion King) на Бродвее (Broadway).
7. Лучшая концертная площадка - «Мэдисон-сквер-гаарден» (Madison Square Garden).
8. Лучшее пространство для ночной жизни - Мясоразделочный квартал (Meatpacking District).